History of Lakeside Cove & Snug Harbor

The modern day history of Lakeside cove started in the 1920’s. A prominent Carson City business man by the name of Jack Meder decided that the special place on the lake that was called “Snug Harbor” by the locals needed vacation cottages for the people that wanted to enjoy Lake Tahoe. Jack owned Carson Ice and Fuel in Carson City so he had knowledge of the traveler that made their way to Tahoe from Carson City. He bought the property that is now called Lakeside Cove. He owned and operated Meder’s cottages for the 1920’s to the 1960’s. In the 60’s Jack sold his property to a group of Reno businessmen who developed it into individual homes and called it Lakeside Cove. Paul Diggle purchased the property that is now Snug Harbor from Mr. and Mrs. DeLorey on June 13, 1955. He then subdivided into 7 parcels, recorded CC & Rs in 1959, which is also the year he sold the lakefront to Pat Stone, who owned Stone’s Antiques in Round Hill Mall for many years.

Lakeside Cove

Snug Harbor

North of Skyland, it’s not an official subdivision; most parcels extend all the way from Highway 50 to the water.

  • 31 Residences
  • 5.5 miles to CA/NV state line
  • 8.5 miles to Heavenly’s boulder lodge and lift
  • Douglas County School bus stops at entrance on Hwy 50
  • Mostly large estate parcels
  • HOA: no
  • CC&Rs: no

SHARE THIS
ATTENTION OWNERS: For a limited time, list your vacation rental FREE on our exclusive rental network.GET STARTED
+